Waterhaul Fitzroy Recycled Sunglasses
Waterhaul’s Fitzroy sunglasses model is made from recycled trawl nets and lines and is paired with polarised mineral glass lenses, offering complete sustainability and ultimate UVA/UVB 400 protection. The rectangular unisex frame suits a broad range of face sizes, making it our bestselling model.
2 in stock
- Italian engineered and hand-finished.
- 0% virgin plastics, 100% recycled polypropylene nets and lines, which are the most abundant form of ghost gear we find on our shores.
- Matte slate grey finish that alludes to the materials origins as ocean plastic.
- Ultra-durable five barrel hinges.
- Our frames are covered by our ‘Recycle and Replace’ lifetime guarantee – damaged frames can go back into the plastic recycling loop to create new pairs.
MINERAL GLASS, NOT PLASTIC
We're supplied by Barberini, regarded as the producer of the world's best optical quality lenses - famous for producing opticals for the likes as Maui Jim.
We use glass lenses, over cheaper plastic lenses for three key reasons:
- Optical Quality - Mineral glass has by far the greatest optical clarity of all lens materials, with an Abbe value of 59 (vs. 32 for polycarbonate).
- Sustainability - Recycled plastic lenses do not exist. Glass is infinitely recyclable, and doesn't produce microplastics when cut to shape.
- Scratch Resistance - Our sunglasses are designed for the beach, which means sand - the enemy of most sunglasses. Our chemically hardened polarised glass is substantially more scratch resistant than other lenses, and exceeds all international impact resistance tests.
Each pair includes a free magnetic fold-flat hard case made from sustainable cork.
Intercepted from oceans, Redesigned for adventure.
|Dimensions||15 × 6 × 4 cm|